Fiverr Learn, or Learn from Fiverr, is an online course platform by Fiverr, which was launched in late 2018. However, everyone knows that there is no shortage of such courses on the web. In fact, some of the best ones are absolutely free.
So what makes Fiverr Learn different? Why should you go for it instead of any of the other couple hundred such courses? I asked myself these very questions, which is why I did some digging into Fiverr Learn and everything it entails.
This detailed review will outline everything I found out. I have tried to make it as unbiased as possible. Here is the general article breakdown:
1. What is Learn From Fiverr?
2. What makes Fiverr Learn different from other such courses?
3. What kinds of courses are available?
4. How much does Fiverr Learn cost?
5. What I liked about the courses
6. What I didn’t like about the courses
7. Comparison with other similar courses
What is Learn From Fiverr?
As I mentioned a little earlier, Fiverr Learn is an online course platform by Fiverr, which was launched in 2018. If you do not know what Fiverr is, I did a comprehensive review of the platform here.
The long and short of it is that Fiverr is the largest freelance services marketplace in the world. The site was built to link freelancers to potential buyers and buyers to quality work at affordable costs.
Fiverr Learn is specifically geared towards freelancers who want to pick up new skills in marketing or creative fields.
It is also largely tailored to freelancing on the Fiverr platform, so the courses mainly focus on skills that can be offered as gigs on Fiverr.
What makes Fiverr Learn different from other such courses?
Being a Fiverr product, Fiverr Learn is tailored specifically for freelancers.
Therefore, while there are many online courses on skills like graphic design, web design, writing, editing, and music production, Fiverr Learn offers a collection of courses that teach freelancers how to harness these skills and excel in the today’s gig economy.
The world’s labor market today is characterized by more and more short term contracts and freelance work, with a clear shortage of permanent jobs. Because of this, Fiverr Learn has specifically been tailored to help these laborers be more effective, efficient, and earn more.
Additionally, Fiverr Learn features only industry leaders as instructors. This means that unlike the Fiverr marketplace where anyone can create and post a gig, instructors on Fiverr Learn are hand-picked out of a select group of people who are at the top of their respective fields.
What kinds of courses are available?
Here is a comprehensive breakdown of all the courses available on Fiverr Learn.
Currently, there are 30+ courses on Fiverr Learn from 20 instructors. All the courses focus on digital marketing and creative skills.
Every completed course earns you a badge on your Fiverr profile, which is supposed to make you more marketable in the marketplace. I shall give a detailed analysis of both the courses and the instructors.
The courses on Fiverr Learn are divided into 2 categories: Creative Courses and Digital Marketing Courses.
You will notice that some of the courses have been bundled up into programs containing several related courses at a slightly discounted bundle price. However, if you want to buy an individual course instead of the bundle, it is still possible to do so.
This is a program containing four courses:
Course 1: Creating Brand Identity Systems, taught by Brian Schmitt, 1.7hours
Course 2: Logo Design Fundamentals, taught by Mark Sposato, 2.5 hours
Course 3: Symbol Design for Branding, taught by Mitchel Hunt, 1.5 hours
Course 4: Craft a Logo By Hand. taught by Nicolas Fredrickson, 2.5 hours
This is a program containing four courses:
Course 1: Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals, taught by Daniel Walter Scott, 8.0 hours
Course 2: Product Photography Retouching in Adobe Photoshop, taught by Kirk Nelson, 3.6 hours
Course 3: How to Get the Perfect Color in Photoshop, taught by Aaron Nace, 5.3 hours
Course 4: Photo Manipulation in Adobe Photoshop, taught by Kirk Nelson, 3.2 hours
This is a program containing three courses:
Course 1: Adobe Illustrator Fundamentals, taught by Daniel Walter Scott, 5.4 hours
Course 2: Adobe Illustrator Mastery, taught by Daniel Walter Scott, 7.3 hours
Course 3: From Shapes to Complex and Beautiful Illustrations, taught by Junichi Tsuneoka, 2.6 hours
This is a program containing 2 courses:
Course 1: Stories that Sell: 7 Secrets to Create Killer Content, taught by Jon Youshaei, 1.4 hours
Course 2: Data Storytelling: Deliver Insights via Compelling Stories, taught by Bill Shander, 2.5 hours
5. Brand Strategy and Design for Small Businesses, taught by Haylee Powers, 2.0 hours
6. Voice Over for Real People: Complete Freelancing Guide, taught by Keith Harris, 2.9 hours
7. Online Freelancing Essentials: Be a Successful Fiverr Seller, taught by Oren Ben- Ami, 0.7 hours
For a total of 16+ unique Creative Courses.
Digital Marketing Courses
1. Viral Marketing: 7 Secrets to Promote any Product.
This course is taught by Jon Youshaei. It helps people learn the process of going viral. It gives people tools and tactics to apply when marketing a product.
This course teaches people how to create content that grabs their social media followers’ attention
The program has 4 courses:
Course 1: Social Media Content Strategy, taught by Rita Cidre. 1.4 hours
Course 2: Facebook Ads Targeting, taught by Blitz Metrics, 2.6 hours
Course 3: Instagram Ads Fundamentals, taught by Sharon Lee Thony, 1.6 hours
Course 4: Lead Generation with Facebook Ads, taught by Blitz Metrics, 3.2 hours
This is taught by Sharon Lee Thony, a Digital Marketer with 15+ Years Of Experience Building Global Brands like Dove And Axe.
This course gives people an understanding of how to find basic analytics for social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn
4. Brand Strategy and Design for Small Businesses, taught by Haylee Powers, 2.0 hours
5. Google Search Ads Fundamentals, taught by Sharon Lee Thony, 1.5 hours
If you run a website, then you know just how important Google Analytics is. This course teaches people how to harness the power of Google Analytics, get the most out of the data they collect and discover all that they can do within Google Analytics.
The program contains 3 courses:
Course 1: Google Analytics – Fundamentals, taught by Jeff Sauer, 4.1 hours
Course 2: Google Analytics – Advanced, taught by Jeff Sauer, 3.8 hours
Course 3: Google Analytics – Mastery, taught by Jeff Sauer, 3.7 hours
7. Email Marketing Fundamentals using Mailchimp, taught by Jon Chang, 2.0 hours
8. SEO – Technical Audit and Blog Strategy
This is a program containing 2 courses:
Course 1: Blog Content Strategy, taught by Ian Cleary, 2.3 hours
Course 2: SEO – Website Technical Audit Fundamentals, 1.1 hours
9. Online Freelancing Essentials: Be a Successful Fiverr Seller, taught by Oren Ben-Ami, 0.7 hours
For a total of 14+ unique Digital Marketing Courses.
1. Brian Schmitt, a Multiplatform designer with 15+ years of experience working with major brands, like Nike and Apple.
2. Mark Sposato, Award-winning graphic designer, and educator at the School of Visual Arts with 10+ years of experience.
3. Mitchel Hunt, Brand identity designer with experience working on brands like Nike, Fender, and Oakley.
4. Nicolas Fredrickson, Passionate hand-letterer with experience working with major brands like Target.
5. Daniel Walter Scott, Adobe Certified Instructor with 15+ years of experience in media design
6. Kirk Nelson, Graphic artist and Adobe Certified specialist with 20+ years of experience
7. Aaron Nace, a world-leading Photoshop educator with over 1.5 million subscribers on Youtube
8. Junichi Tsuneoka, Graphic design and illustration expert, with leading clients such as Google, Nike and Adidas.
9. Jon Youshaei, Marketing Manager at Youtube, ranked as one of the world’s top marketers by Forbes and Entrepreneur
10. Bill Shander, Information designer with 25+ years of experience, with clients like the World Bank, the UN, and Starbucks
11. Haylee Powers, an Emmy award-winning designer specializing in brand strategy and design for compelling businesses.
12. Keith Harris, a Fiverr Pro with over 600 Five Star Reviews
13. Oren Ben-Ami, Education Manager at Fiverr, with years of experience guiding freelancers
14. Rita Cidre, Marketing Manager at Qualtrics, ranked top growth marketer by Hubspot and Search Engine Journal
15. Blitz Metrics, Facebook Ads experts who have spent over $1B on Facebook Ads for their clients over the past 11 years
16. Sharon Lee Thony, Wharton MBA and digital marketer with 15+ years of experience building global brands, including Dove and Axe.
17. Jeff Sauer, World-renowned Google Analytics and PPC expert, who has trained dozens of thousands of digital marketers
18. Ian Cleary, Globally recognized content marketer and author, with a passion for marketing technology
19. Jon Chang, award-winning digital and growth expert at IBM and Kickstarter, as well as a recognized global educator at NYU
20. Kelly Murphy, SEO expert and digital marketer, with experience working with top Fortune 500 companies.
As you can see from this list of courses, Learn From Fiverr offers a very detailed introduction for beginners who are just starting out as freelancers.
However, there are a few limitations. For example, if you have years of experience as a digital marketer, chances are you already know most of what is being taught and you will not have much use for these courses.
The focus of these courses is clearly to develop basic skills and tailor them to the Fiverr platform and the gig economy.
How much does Fiverr Learn Cost?
Before you can buy any Learn From Fiverr course, you need to have a standard Fiverr account. If you do not have one, you can create one here. You will then have to log in to the account to access Fiverr Learn.
The process of buying the courses is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is click the “Buy” button and check out. You will then get instant access to the course you want. Fiverr supports all major credit cards and PayPal.
Every course is priced differently. There is a free Essentials of Fiverr course (by Oren Ben-Ami) that you can try out to see how everything works.
However, generally, the course prices range from $15 to $115. However, these prices change regularly, and you can also use coupons and promo codes to significantly bring down the cost of your course.
There are no hidden fees with Fiverr Learn. You get exactly what you paid for with no extras or upsells shoved at your face once you make a purchase.
Plus, although there is no money-back guarantee, there is a refund policy in place. If you buy a course and you do not finish it within 30 days, you can ask for a refund from Customer Support.
Your refund should be processed within 5 to 10 business days in most cases. However, keep in mind that if you buy a bundle program with several courses inside, you will only get refunded for the incomplete courses.
What I Liked About the Courses
1. When you sign up for a course, you get redirected to a very intuitive virtual classroom. It has the navigation on the left panel showing you completed sections.
Each section is subdivided into smaller chunks, or units, which makes the experience less overwhelming.
2. Every unit has an accompanying video, and the sum of the lengths of the videos adds up to the length of the class. After completing a section, there is a quiz that tests how well you have grasped the concepts taught in that section.
3. The courses on Fiverr Learn are taught by people who clearly know their stuff. The instructors are all industry leaders, who bring a lot of knowledge and experience to the table.
4. Every course is packed full of very useful information, enough to get you started on whatever skill you opt to learn about if you are a complete beginner.
5. The courses are short and to the point, perfect for the freelancer who wants to market their skills.
6. It is easy to identify the specific skill you would like to personally improve, take that course, and better that one aspect of your business within a few hours.
7. All things considered, all the courses are very fairly priced. You are getting instruction from industry leaders, with very detailed lessons that allow you to track your progress and all for a fraction of the price you would have otherwise paid for the same course at a university or college
8. You can learn on the go. You do not have to go through the entire lesson in one sitting. You can start, learn, and stop at your own convenience.
What I didn’t like about Learn from Fiverr
1. Interaction with the instructors is limited. You cannot ask questions, and there is no forum where students can interact with each other, for example. So if you get stuck somewhere, you’ll either have to fire up Google or figure things out for yourself.
2. Although most courses are very professionally recorded, some feel like they are of much lower quality. For example, some instructors can be inaudible at times due to a poor choice of audio recording equipment.
3. Some courses are very brief, being nowhere near enough to make you fully qualified to offer services in that industry.
Comparison with other similar courses
There are several other places online where you can take online courses. For the purposes of this review, I will compare Fiverr Learn to Udemy and Coursera, two other very popular online course platforms.
I will not talk about specialty platforms that teach courses for a very specific group of people, such as w3schools or SoloLearn. Instead, I will stick to more general platforms.
1. Fiverr Learn vs Udemy
– Fiverr Learn is more niched down than Udemy. The focus is on finding success as a freelancer.
– Courses on Fiverr Learn are taught by industry professionals while anyone can post a course on Udemy
– The most expensive course on Fiverr Learn is $115. The most expensive course on Udemy is $200
– Fiverr Learn has around 30 courses while Udemy has over 100,000 courses.
2. Fiverr Learn vs Coursera
– Fiverr Learn is more niched down than Coursera. The focus is on finding success as a freelancer.
– Courses in Fiverr Learn are taught by industry professionals while courses on Coursera are taught by college professors and top companies
– The most expensive course on Fiverr is $115. It is free to enroll on Coursera, but you will have to pay for your certificate, which ranges from $29 to $100.
– There are around 30 courses on Fiverr Learn while there are over 2,700 courses on Coursera.
As you can see, Fiverr Learn is a platform that is geared towards creatives and digital marketers.
Most other platforms are meant for professionals who want to take their skillsets to the next level, perhaps to land a new job or promotion. Freelancers have little need for such courses, and this is the market that Fiverr Learn is catering to.
If you prefer more in-depth courses that are basically like an online school, Udemy is hands down the best platform for that. It has a lot of resources, with everything going into a lot more details.
Fiverr Learn barely skims the surface, giving you the opportunity to learn just enough to get started, so you can learn more on the job as you earn.
Fiverr Learn is the first platform of its kind to focus on freelancers.
It is barely a year old, yet it has already claimed for itself a huge chunk of the freelancer market. And the best part is that since it has only just started, we know it is only going to get better with time.
If you are trying to learn the basics of digital marketing or freelancing as a creative, I think Fiverr Learn is a fantastic place to start.
However, if you are not a beginner anymore, there are lots of other places online where you can get more advanced courses in your chosen field, which will benefit you more than Fiverr Learn would.
At this point, I should also mention that I am a Fiverr affiliate. What this means is that if you sign up for Fiverr through some of the links on this post, I will earn a small commission when you make your first purchase on the platform.
All this is at no extra cost to you, so if you want to support this site, please go ahead and sign up for Fiverr using one of my links, such as this one. However, if that’s totally not your thing, that’s ok too. I aim to make all my posts as informative as I can, so I hope you have still gotten some value here.
So what are your thoughts on Fiverr and Fiverr Learn? Do you think Learn From Fiverr has the potential to dominate the online course market in the future? Let me know in the comments below!
Like this post? Pin it on Pinterest! 🙂